Thursday, January 08, 2009

Life is tough...

When we're in primary, we worry about UPSR. When we're in secondary we worry about PMR and SPM. When in college we worry about A-level. Then we worry about getting into a good university. When in university, we worry about internships and career. Currently I am at the stage of worrying about internships. One worry after another, when I enter Cambridge, I thought that I would have more work opportunities and it would be easier to find job. But now, I just feel that I don't stand better opportunities at all! There are just too many students applying and so little vacancies. Who am I? Just one in a million, who's application can just be thrown into the bin anytime. All I've done this Christmas break was just internship applications, and I am still doing it now! Well, the more I apply the better chances I stand right? There must be at least one company (hopefully) who wouldn't mind taking me just for the fun of it. If I have all the time in the world, I would apply endlessly but currently, my energy and spirit is draining and time is short. Term is starting soon and supervision work (and tripos questions!) that I hoped to do during the holidays is barely touched. What should I do??? At the end of the day, I need a job. But to get a job I need good results. So should I keep on applying or start studying? One day at a time, dear Shirley...I keep reminding myself. Everything will fade but God is ever standing by my side.

1 Comments:

Blogger gabrielle said...

it says in...

Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in EVERYTHING, by PRAYER & petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Shirley, turn your WORRIES into PRAYERS!

this is a Scripture i always show to people when i study the Bible with them, because worrying seems to be our nature!

lately, life have been a roller coaster for me; when i remember this Scripture, it helped me to stop my worries, and hold on a second to begin praying.

true peace comes from knowing that God is in control. if you really want the internship so badly, turn them into prayers. you receive rejections because God thinks you deserved something better! ain't that amazing?

keep applying and pray about it, then surrender the results to God. if it is His will for you to intern there, He will provide you a way. meanwhile, seek some advice.

hold on strong to the Scripture & trust God, let His peace guard your heart against anxiety.

much love, hooi min :)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home